Sunday, May 24, 2020

10 Years According to WoozIN + Updated Youtube Channel Art + Profile Picture for my Woozworld Youtube Channel!

Hello everyone!

So this post is a two-in-one! Let's jump right into it.

First, my WoozIn page is already showing that I joined Woozworld 10 years ago now. This wasn't displayed yesterday and plus, it's now appeared on pearlywhite33 and AshleighSuperSt as I created them on the same day. However, that was in November 2010, so they aren't 10 years old yet.



Updated Youtube Channel Art & Profile Picture
I mentioned previously in my blog that I would be updating the channel art and profile picture for my Woozworld Youtube Channel. Today I worked on creating both in GIMP 2.


My previous channel art had been set for my channel since June 2015, so almost five years. Here are the pictures of the channel art i've set previously. You can see my poor editing from before haha!

January 2015

June 2015

Yesterday (23 May) I began deciding what I wanted to include in my channel art. I decided to gather my main backup users together in groups of 3 and took pictures of them in their best outfits. Each picture was taken in my small photo room unitz on Woozworld. The background for this unit is a light green color, which I decided would be the background color for my channel art.

After taking all the pictures, I saved them to my computer and made the 2560x1440 (Youtube Channel art size) in GIMP2 and then added each of the pictures as layers, after I set the background layer to the same color of the small photo room unit.

I shrunk down all the pictures I had taken, so that they'd fit into the safe area (well most of them) of where logos and font can be placed. I added a white outline to all the users, by selecting the 'Shrink' tool, after using the fuzzy selection on each image. I added some text, for the name of my channel and for the address to my blog. Also, I added the Woozworld logo to my channel art aswell.

Both the blog address and names of each users were written by me, using my graphics display tablet.

I did record a video of myself making the channel art in GIMP 2. However, it doesn't show a complete start-to-finish of how I made it, more of different points. I'll still put all the videos together and edit them, which i'll probably upload to my Youtube channel at some point soon.

Here's what my new Youtube Channel artwork looks like!

 If you want to see the full size, click on the image or visit my Youtube Channel here

Afterwards, I began working on my new profile picture. First, I grabbed a picture of when I colored the special edition of a Bratz face (sometime last year) and added it as a new layer in GIMP 2.
I then performed the faceless trick on WzW and changed my outfit and took a picture in my decorated photo room, which I then saved to my PC. This would be the background layer.

I then attempted to edit the bratz face, so it'd appear on my woozen's face. It wasn't that tricky, but I ended up duplicating the bratz face layer, just to erase everything from the face, apart from the lips...which I couldn't quite get the placement right to my liking.

I then began editing it a bit, added more eyelash, got rid of the original heart tattoo I was wearing on the bratz face and replaced it with my own drawn hearts and added some shading to the nose.
Afterwards, I added my name and edited the hue & saturation, but I decided to save it as another image, whilst keeping the original without my name & the color changes.



Although I think the edit is cute, I don't like it that much as my profile picture. Probably because it is edited and doesn't remind me immediately of how I depict CholeRocks. So I think i'll set another profile picture again soon. I went with the non-colorised version for my current profile picture, after changing between both and continuously cropping the profile picture differently each time!


It was fun editing both, I think i've gotten better gradually over the years. However, I do need practice and it'd be cool to edit and use layering in some other image editing software, such as paint.net or Photoshop. I'll also have to use another software to edit my videos, as I don't have Windows Movie Maker anymore, so I can no longer be lazy about the video making process.

Thanks for reading! See you soon & stay safe!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment