Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Woozworld's Flash Update Post - Hiding/Removing In-Game Features?

Hey there!

As you can see from the title, Woozworld announced that they would be hiding old Woozworld features (removing a few technically) as we move from Woozworld's website (using Adobe Flash - which ends support on all browser in December 2019) to the official version of Woozworld Desktop!

Woozworld Flash Update Post on the Woozworld Blog - 15/09/2020

Since last year Woozworld has allowed older woozens (member since 5 years+ I think?) to become Beta Testers for the Woozworld Beta program, which is basically the early version of Woozworld Desktop, a downloadable program to play Woozworld on your laptop or PC.

Woozworld only mentioned Woozworld Beta a few times on their blog, with the ONLY official link (www.woozworld.com/download) probably because not many people were applicable for being beta testers or maybe the Woozteam just wanted a small amount of testers for the program.

I've played Woozworld Beta a few times since it's release last year. I submitted feedback through the forms offered at the top-left corner of the program (once you've logged in.) The program ran fine for me, but I noticed the earlier bugs were resolution issues, logging in and also not all items appearing.

Alot of bugs have been fixed, but I noticed that plantz (the memory game - pairs) didn't work and I think it's because the minigame uses flash. So at the moment, i'm still playing on Woozworld web, before plantz are deactivated.

Also, I still see that some newer clothing and furniture isn't visible on beta, but that's very few items...well from what I could see in my inventory.

 Overall, Woozworld Beta is pretty much like the website...except some older features don't work (plantz and keys etc.) I like that the loading time and opening of shop podz is slightly faster.

Clearing up confusion with the Woozworld Flash Update Post

So I misunderstood the post many times. Then realized Woozworld is:

- Hiding these features listed in the post, mainly because they aren't avaliable on the Woozworld mobile app...even though WzW had six years to at least implement a few features haha. 

- These features probably use Adobe Flash, which discontinues in December and therefore, these features will probably be changed, to work in the full version of Woozworld Desktop and I guess the mobile app too?

- Bookshelves, MovZ-it and Decorative Xmas Tree will just become non-functional objects, so just for display purposes, rather than working how they did.

- Woozworld 10 Beta will be the next step, it'll be a more fuller-version than the current Woozworld Beta program and more woozens will be able to beta test it (I think?)

Woozworld is running a  Poll, asking Woozens what features from the post above they would like to see return first to the new Woozworld 10 program. I think this poll ends in 2 weeks, so go and answer!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment